Monday 19 August 2013

Today's ride

Well today was interesting. At first everything was normal I walked up hopped on and started warming up. Around one corner Si took a strange step but I didn't really think about it because he is constantly tripping and I assumed that was what it was. I was walking past that corner when I noticed a shoe on the ground and then realized that it was indeed Simon's after most likely looking like a complete retard trying to tell if he had lost one or not without getting off. Along with his shoe he took a piece of his hoof it wasn't too big so hopefully it was not an issue. Bigger issue was that one of the nails were still in the hoof, now I couldn't see it in the sole but apparently one of the trainers at the barn could so it shouldn't have been an issue when the farrier got there (thank god). The farrier had been at the barn earlier and kindly agreed to return later on to put the shoe back on. This is one of the many times that Simon's lost his shoe... A couple other times he lost both at the same time. These incidents occurred within 2 weeks ... Anyways so the good news is that Simon most likely has his shoe on already and the fatty got to spend the day in a stall with hay and water after around 15 minutes of work. Oh did I forget to mention, Simon has gotten slightly obese 😉. 

Well that's my post for today and I won't be at the barn until my lesson on Wednesday so I will see you soon. 

I leave you with this photo from our first off site show from a few weeks past. 


No comments:

Post a Comment